The Mission of the Newark Athletic Hall of Fame is to improve the quality of life in the City of Newark by honoring some of our past sports heroes and providing a means of focusing attention on the City’s rich history and serving to encourage Newark’s young people to strive for their full potential as athletes and citizens. We adopted a theme – “A Glorious Past and Bright Future for Newark and its Youth”.
The Newark Athletic Hall of Fame deems its mission as not only appropriately needed but in meeting the challenge to improve the quality of life in the City of Newark, New Jersey. Our mission is necessary.
The Newark Athletic Hall of Fame was incorporated March 31, 1988 under the laws of the State of New Jersey.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE BOARD
- Promote the interests and needs of the organization.
- Generate corporate support, donations and contributions from interested persons.
- Encourage and promote a positive role for Newark’s youth.
- Solicit and recommend names and records for future inductees.
- Submit the names of potential scholar-athletes, both male and female, from the Newark School Districts.
- Responsible for attending the meetings and fulfilling