PROCEDURES FOR SELECTING SCHOLAR ATHLETES AND OUTSTANDING MALE AND FEMALE ATHLETES
The Athletic Director of each school establishes a list of outstanding senior high school athletes along with the Guidance Counselors of each high school. The Guidance Counselors also put together a list of students.
SCHOLAR ATHLETES ARE NOMINATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Nominees are senior high school students. Students must excel in athletics, citizenship, character, community service, SAT/ACT scores and GPAs.
- Outstanding male and female in academic and athletic achievement
- The Athletic Director submits names of potential recipients to the Guidance Counselor for the Newark Board of Education.
- A committee consisting of the chair of the committee and two executive board members make the final selection of recipients.
- The names of the recipients are submitted at the end of the school term to the Newark Athletic Hall of Fame Board.