NOMINATION – SELECTION CRITERIA
- Five years must have elapsed since a candidate participated in athletics on their respective teams. (Not professional athletes)
- Those selected, must have resided or participated within Newark, New Jersey. These provisions do not apply to coaches, administrators, and representatives of the schools or organizations that do not have a residency requirement.
- The “Performers” category – Athletes who represented Newark high schools and/or colleges and were residents of Newark will be selected.
- The “Achievers” category – will consist of athletes from college, professional ranks, coaches, administrators, or any other individual who has distinguished themself by contributing to Newark athletics.
- Candidates are chosen for their athletic ability, participation and contributions made to sports/athletics and/or community.
- The slate of new Inductees will be selected by the Newark Athletic Hall of Fame Selection Committee and ratified by the board.
- Nominees for 2023 that are not elected, will remain on the NAHF Nomination List for (3) years.